Friday 21 October 2011

My front page

In my magazine design class earlier this week we were given the task of inventing a front page of a made up magazine with a theme of our choice. Saying as I am interested in going into travel writing I thought I would give designing the front page of a travel magazine a go.

Here is the front page I designed;


I based my front cover on The Sunday Times Travel magazine as they use a single striking image with text over the top. According to the website Brad, The Sunday Times Travel magazine is a

"Dedicated travel magazine that covers holidays worldwide and centres on one specific destination per issue. The varied editorial features cover holiday types, countries, city guides and deals along with beautiful photography"

Brad says that it has a target readership of
"ABC1 adults aged between 25 and 50, affluent with money to spend on their lifestyle. More adventurous than the norm and book independently where possible"

I wanted to create something that looked of a similar quality and was very proud of my design. Unfortunately I can not take credit for the photograph - because the exercise was sprung on me I didn't have access to my own photographs of Prague. I got the photograph from the address below.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=prague&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&biw=1366&bih=649&tbm=isch&tbnid=fYPkSFsdozFg5M:&imgrefurl=http://www.bookyourhotel.org/info/romantic-holiday-in-prague/&docid=zWzeC2I43rSu6M&imgurl=http://www.bookyourhotel.org/info/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/prague1.jpg&w=3543&h=2583&ei=OZqhTpqyLMiZ8QPj6bHeBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=332&sig=103878679062256418800&page=1&tbnh=127&tbnw=171&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0&tx=117&ty=93

No comments:

Post a Comment