Saturday 27 November 2010

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It may be four days until the start of advent and people around the country can peel open their advent calendars to see what Christmas related chocolate is sitting inside but my countdown to Christmas started today with a trip to York’s Christmas market.

York is a beautiful city at the best of times but today the snow helped make the Christmas market seasonal. There may not have been as many stalls as I had hoped for but just being in the merry atmosphere made the early morning and 3 hour coach trip worth it.

As the snow fell over the market I warmed up with a cup of delicious piping hot spiced cider as I walked around the world famous shambles. Despite the lack of stalls, the majority being jewellery and food related the atmosphere has put me in a rather Christmassy mood.

4 weeks to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment