Tuesday 2 November 2010

Lady Gaga and the Sociology of the Fame

Photograph by SpreePiX - Berlin

Everyone from the young to the old have heard of the pop queen Lady Gaga but how many would do a degree dedicated to her life, work and rise to fame.

A report on the BBC website today claims that the University of South Carolina will be offering students the chance to take "Lady Gaga and the Sociology of the Fame" .

There are people who think that degree's aren't worth it and that students should just get a job instead and normally I would disagree with them but a degree in Lady Gaga? Personally I feel that this takes celebrity obsession to a whole new and unnecessary level.

Leave me a comment telling me what you think of the idea and whether you think this is taking the celebrity obsession too far.

If you would like to contact me in relation of this or any other post I had written please email me at FDent1@uclan.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment