Wednesday 20 April 2011

School Uniforms

There was a debate on This Morning today about school uniforms and whether school pupils around the UK should wear them.

I can see both sides of the argument. School uniforms are often uncomfortable or hot in summer - mine certainly was. When you wear a school uniform you don't have a chance to show your individuality but they do give you a sense of belonging to a big community that I don't think you would if you had the choice of what to wear.

Scrapping the school uniform will give bullies another thing to pick up on especially when not all parents can afford to buy their children the newest trainers all the time. If everyone wears the same then that will cut down on the bullying a little bit.

School is about education not fashion. Although I hated wearing a uniform when I was at school, sometimes when I wake up on a morning and have to chose what to wear for university I wish I had a uniform so that I didn't have to spend half my morning picking what to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment