Friday 20 May 2011

Social Media in Journalism

I've been having a look back at my previous posts and came across this one from January 2011- Is social media making us less social?.

After having a read through it I am disappointed in myself - not because it makes me look like a massive Facebook addict but because I didn't talk about possibly the best online tool for Journalists - Twitter!

I have had Twitter for a few years now. At first I didn't understand it - I thought it was a boring version of Facebook and rarely used it. In the last few months I have become a Twitter addict and now check for new tweets more than I do for Facebook status updates!

I feel that as a result of Twitter, I am in contact with people I wouldn't have met in the real world. Through common interests and pure luck I been given some good advice for my career from people in industry.

Twitter can benefit everyone no matter what your interests - It's still better to talk face to face but you can't beat a good tweet!

If you have any questions about anything you have read in my blog feel free to email me - FDent1@uclan.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment