Friday 20 May 2011

Time flies...

Then...

This is my last Friday as a teenager. Monday is my last day as a second year journalism student. I realise this post will make me sound really old but I remember being in Reception class - my dad (pictured above with me as a baby) stood at the back as I settled in to my first day. Here I am about to sit my NCTJ Essential Law and Court Reporting papers.

People have asked me so many times why I want to be a journalist. I always say that I have just always wanted to do it. Seeing my name in Print at the age of thirteen as a Young Reviewer for the Newcastle Evening Chronicle (the paper in the photograph above) made me determined to reach my dream.

On Monday I will be sitting my NCTJ Essential Law and Court Reporting exam papers so will be spending my birthday learning about contempt, defamation and the ethical considerations of the Journalist!For my third year at UCLan, I have picked to do the Magazine Route and I am very excited to say that I have two 2 week work placements arranged for either side of Christmas. My first two weeks will be at North East Lifestyle Magazine and the second two weeks I will be working at Accent Magazine.

I better get back to the revision and hope that the world doesn't end tomorrow as some are speculating so that all my revision doesn't go to waste!
...and now!

No comments:

Post a Comment